Wiggonholt-cum-Greatham Return to Steve Pickthall's Index Page
From Kelly's Post Office Directory of Essex, Herts, Middlesex, Kent, Surrey and Sussex, 1867
WIGGONHOLT is a parish, 55 miles south-south-west from London, 3 south-west from Pulborough railway station, 2 north-west from Storrington, and 8 south-west from Petworth, in the Western division of the county, hundred of West Easwrith, Bramber rape, Arundel county court district, East Preston incorporation, diocese and archdeaconry of Chichester, and rural deanery of Storrington. The living is a rectory, annexed to that of Greatham, joint annual value £205 per annum, with residence and 9 acres of glebe, in the gift of the Hon. Robert Curzon, and held by the Rev. Thomas Bacon, M.A., of Merton College, Oxford. The parish comprises 841 acres, and the population in 1861 was 34.
Parish Clerk, William Goatcher.
Letters through Petworth. The nearest money order office is at Storrington
Bacon Rev. Thomas, M.A. [rector]
May Lady, Rectory house
Penfold George, farmer