East Guldeford Return to Steve Pickthall's Index Page
From Kelly's Post Office Directory of Essex, Herts, Middlesex, Kent, Surrey and Sussex, 1867
EAST GUILDFORD (or GULDEFORD) is a parish, in the Eastern division of the county, Goldspur hundred, Rye union and county court district, and Hastings rape. The living is rectory, with that of Playdon annexed, joint annual value £450, in the gift of the Rev. C. Shrubb, and held by the Rev. Charles Meade Rainus, M.A. of Trinity College, Cambridge; the Rev. Leighton Robinson is curate in sole charge. The area is 2,430 acres, and the population in 1861 was 152.
Letters through Rye, which is the nearest money order office
Adams John, farmer
Baker James, farm stocklooker
Pankhurst Thomas, grazier
Turley John, farmer, Camber farm