Coldwaltham Return to Steve Pickthall's Index Page
From Kelly's Post Office Directory of Essex, Herts, Middlesex, Kent, Surrey and Sussex, 1867
COLD WALTHAM is a parish and small village, 52 miles south-south-west from London, 2 south-west from Pulborough railway station, in the Western division of the county, Bury hundred, Petworth county court district, Arundel rape, Thakeham union, diocese and archdeaconry of Chichester, and rural deanery of Midhurst. Earliest date of register 1560. The living is a perpetual curacy, annual value £56, in the gift of the Bishop of Chichester, and held by the Rev. James Munro Sandham, M.A., of St. John's College, Oxford. The population in 1861 was 447; area, 1,193 acres.
WATERSFIELD is a hamlet of this parish.
Letters received through Petworth, which is the nearest money order office
Sandham Rev. James Munro, M.A. [incumbent]
Bowler Thomas, farmer
Collick Thomas, wheelwright
Ede James, blacksmith
Johnson John, farmer
Joiner Daniel, farmer
Neale John, farmer
Stonier William, farmer