From Kelly's Post Office Directory of Sussex, 1930 (pp. 275)

NEW FISHBOURNE is a village and parish, at the head of the eastern branch of Chichester harbour, on the road from Chichester to Portsmouth, 1 mile west from Chichester, and has a halt on the motor rail service between Portsmouth and Chichester; it is in the Chichester division of the county, hundred of Box and Stockbridge, rape, petty sessional division and county court district of Chichester, union of Westhampnett, and rural deanery, archdeaconry and diocese of Chichester. Water is obtained from the Chichester Corporation Works and is laid on to practically all houses, and the village is partly lighted with gas. The church of SS. Peter and Mary is of stone, in the Early English style, and has a belfry containing one bell: there are 140 sittings. The register dates from the year 1589. The living is a rectory, net yearly value £339, with 1.5 acres of glebe and residence in the gift of the Lord Chancellor, and held since 1912 by the Rev. Neville Frederick Shaw M.A. of Magdalen College, Oxford. A church room was erected in 1905. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel. The Rector's trust account, a sum of £100 in Consols, which produces £2 18s. 4d. yearly, is for the benefit of the poor of the parish. The soil is rich loam; subsoil, clay and gravel. The chief crops are wheat. barley and oats. The area is 1,294 acres of land, 5 of water and 32 of foreshore; the population of the civil parish in 1921 was 896, and of the ecclesiastical parish 384.

In 1896, those portions of St. Bartholomew and St. Peter the Great parishes outside the municipal borough of Chichester were added to New Fishbourne.

Parish Clerk, George Burden.

Post, M. O., T. & T. E. D. Office. Letters through Chichester

PRIVATE RESIDENCE.
(For T N's see general list of Private Residents at end of book.)
Brown Miss, Ranceby
Burnand Mrs. Willow cottage
Carlyon-Britton Maj. P. W. P., F.S.A., F.R.N.S., D.L., J.P. Eversfield
Edgar John G. The Gables
Jeffery Miss A. Newhouse
Johnson Mrs. R. B. Manor house
Ledger Henry, The Bays
Lintott Charles R. The Croft
Morgan Herbert, St. Margarets
Prior Mrs. Kensington cottage
Pulleybank Mrs. Florence villa
Russell Lt-Col. George Young, Acacia lodge
Salter Samuel, Norton house
Sharp Richard Joseph, Westfield (postal address, Westgate, Chichstr)
Shaw Rev. Neville Frederick M.A. (rector), Rectory
Shorland Arthur William, St. Pol
Smurthwaite John Herbert, Weston ho
Spicer Commdr. Stewart D., R.N. Salt Mill house
Steinitz Rev. Charles Edward M.A. St. John's
Strange Grove D. The Lodge
Strong Mrs. Louie, Sunnyside
Tripp Guy H. H. The Chestnuts
Wallace James G. H.
Waring Jn. A., M.B. Fishbourne cott

COMMERCIAL.
Blake Wltr. beer retlr
Boys C. C. & Son, motor engnrs. Weston garage. TN Chichester 398
Brigden Harold Sidney Beecher, watch mkr
Chichester Drainage Outfall Works (H. Ede, mngr.). TN Chichester 229
Coles Eli, dairyman
Eaton Eliz. (Mrs.), laundress
Fishbourne Garage (R. G. Whicker, propr)
Gadd Harry, Bull's Head P.H.
Nutbeem Levi & Sons, bakers. & post office. TN Chichester 224
Powell Christine (Miss), dressma.
Powell William. carpenter
Scorey Cecil Jn. farmer, The Elms
Strange Grove D. farmer, The Lodge
Swatton Herbt. Wm. nurseryman. TN Chichester 484
Wakeford Ebenzr. nurseryman
Woolgar Thos. Benj. boot repr