From Kelly's Post Office Directory of Sussex, 1922 (pp. 336)

NEW FISHBOURNE is a village and parish, at the head of the eastern branch of Chichester harbour, on the road from Chichester to Portsmouth, 1 mile west from Chichester, and has a halt on the motor rail service between Portsmouth and Chichester; it is in the Chichester division of the county, hundred of Box and Stockbridge, rape, petty sessional division and county court district of Chichester, union of Westhampnett, and in the rural deanery, archdeaconry and diocese of Chichester. Water is obtained from the Chichester Corporation Works, and is laid on to practically all houses, and the village is partly lighted with gas. The church of SS. Peter and Mary is of stone, in the Early English style, and has a belfry containing 2 bells: there are 140 sittings. The register dates from the year 1589. The living is a rectory, net income 215, with 2 acres of glebe and residence, in the gift of the Lord Chancellor, and held since 1911 by the Rev. Neville Frederiik Shaw M.A. of Magdalen College, Oxford. A church room was erected in 1905. Here Primitive Methodist chapel. The Rector's trust account, a sum of 100 in Consols, which produces 2 18s. 4d yearly, is for the benefit of the poor of the parish. Albert Eadie esq, is lord of the manor. The soil is rich loam; subsoil, clay and gravel. The chief crops are wheat, barley and oats. The area is 1,294 acres of land, 5 of water and 32 of foreshore; rateable value, 6,807; the population in 1911 was 863 in the civil 339 in the ecclesiastical parish.

In 1896, those portions of St. Bartholomew and Peter the Great parishes outside Chichester municipal borough, were added to New Fishbourne.

Parish Clerk, Charles Gardner.

Post, M. O. & T. Office.-Levi Nutbeem, sub-post-master. Letters through Chichester
Letter Box at Appledram lane

The children attend the school at Old Fishbourne

PRIVATE RESIDENTS.
Challen Mrs. Ranceby
Decks Walter 1 Stanway
Edgar John, The Gables
Elson William George Hy. The Croft
Farne Charles Henry, Fishbourne ho
Grout William, Sunnyside
Harrison Ralph, Manor house
Jeffrey Harry, Norton house
Kelly Rev. Walter M.A. Westfield
Ledger H. The Bays
Prior Ebenezer, Kensington cottage
Pulleybank Mrs. Florence villa
Shaw Rev. Neville Frederick M.A. (rector), Rectory
Smurthwaite John Herbert, Weston ho
Steinitz Rev. Charles Edward M.A. St. John's
Strange Grove, The Lodge
Tripp Guy H. H. The Chestnuts
Wallace James G. H.
Waring John A., M. B. Fishbourne cot

COMMERCIAL.
Allen Wm. Alexander, boot maker
Bailey Maria (Miss), laundress
Brigden Harold Sidney Beecher, watch maker
Chichester Drainage Outfall Work (H. Ede, manager)
Coles Eli, dairyman
Farne Chas. Hy. miller (water & steam)
Gadd Harry, Bull's Head P.H.
Lane Edward (Mrs.), greengrocer
Lintott Charles Richard, nurseryman & seedsman
Nutbeem Levi, baker, - grocer,& post off
Powell Christine (Miss) dress maker
Powell William, carpenter
Scott Thomas, beer retailer
Strong Louie (Mrs.), laundress
Wakeford Ebenezer, nurseryman