From Kelly's Post Office Directory of Sussex, 1915 (pp. 370)

NEW FISHBOURNE is a village and parish, at the head of the eastern branch of Chichester harbour, on the road from Chichester to Portsmouth, 1 mile west from Chichester, and has a halt on the motor rail service between Portsmouth and Chichester; it is in the South Western division of the county, hundred of Box and Stockbridge, rape, petty sessional division and county court district of Chichester, union of Westhampnett, and in the rural deanery, archdeaconry and diocese of Chichester. The church of SS. Peter and Mary is of stone, in the Early English style, and has a belfry containing 2 bells: there are 140 sittings. The register dates from the year 1589. The living is a rectory, net income £103, with 2 acres of glebe and residence, in the gift of the Lord Chancellor, and held since 1911 by the Rev. Neville Frederick Shaw M.A. of Magdalen College, Oxford. A church room was erected in 1905. Here is a Primitive Methodist chapel. The Rector's trust account, a sum of £100 in Consols, which produces £2 18s. 4d. yearly, is for fuel for the poor of the parish. S. Eustace Forster esq. is the principal landowner. Major Richard Byron D.S.O. is lord of the manor. The soil is rich loam; subsoil, clay and gravel. The chief crops are wheat, barley and oats. The area is 1,294 acres of land, 5 of water and 32 of foreshore; rateable value, £6,868; the population in 1911 was 863 in the civil and 339 in the ecclesiastical parish.

In 1896, those portions of St. Bartholomew and St. Peter the Great parishes outside Chichester municipal borough, were added to New Fishbourne.

Parish Clerk, Charles Gardner.

Post, M. O. & T. Office.- Levi Nutbeem, sub-post-master. Letters through Chichester arrive at 6.35 a.m. & 2.40 p.m.; dispatched at 1.25 & 7.40 p.m.; sunday, arrive 6.35 a.m. & dispatched at 11.20 p.m. Appledram Lane Box cleared 6.25 a.m. & 1.35 & 7.30 p.m.

The children attend the school at Old Fishbourne.

PRIVATE RESIDENTS.
Bouchier Hugh Arthur, The Chestnuts
Challen Charles, Ranceby
Chandler Capt. Leonard, Westfield
Clements Major John, Willow Cote
Deeks Walter, Stanway
du Moulin Mrs. Fishbourne Lodge
Elson William George Hy. The Croft
Evershed Arthur, Eversfield
Farne Charles Henry, Fishbourne ho
Forster S. Eustace, Salt Hill Park
Gadd George A. The Bays
Grout William, Sunnyside
Jeffrey Harry
Mills Charles, The Gables
Newland Miss, Miramar
Peacock Mrs. Kensington cottage
Pulleybank Mrs. Florence villa
Shaw Rev. Neville Frederick M. A. (rector), Rectory
Smurthwaite John Herbert, Weston ho
Steinits Rev. Charles Edward M.A. St. John's
Tisdall John, Acacia lodge
Wallace James G. H.
Waring John A. Fishbourne cottage

COMMERCIAL.
Allen Wm. Alexander, boot maker
Bailey Maria (Miss), laundress
Brigden Harold Sidney Beecher, watch maker
Chichester Drainage Outfall Works (E. Amplett, manager)
Coles Eli, dairyman
Essam Tom, Bull's Head P.H.
Farne Chas. Hy. miller (water & steam)
Lane Edward, greengrocer
Lintott Charles Richard, nurseryman & seedsman
Nutbeem Levi, baker, grocer & post off
Powell Christine (Miss), dress maker
Powell William, carpenter
Strong Louie (Mrs.), laundress
Wakeford Ebenezer, nurseryman
Williams Frederick, beer retailer