From Kelly's Post Office Directory of Sussex, 1911 (pp. 371)

NEW FISHBOURNE a village and parish, at the head of the eastern branch of Chichester harbour, on the road from Chichester to Portsmouth, 1 mile west from Chichester, and has a halt on the motor rail service between Portsmouth and Chichester; it is in the South Western division of the county, hundred of Box and Stockbridge, rape, petty sessional division and county court district of Chichester, union of Westhampnett, and in the rural deanery of Selsey and archdeaconry and diocese of Chichester. The church of SS. Peter and Mary is of stone, in the Early English style, and has a belfry containing 2 bells: there are 140 sittings. The register dates from the year 1589. The living is a rectory, net income £101, with 2 acres of glebe and residence, in the gift of the Lord Chancellor, and held since 1908 by the Rev. Edgar Huxtable B.A. of Christ's College, Cambridge. A church room was erected in 1905. Here is a Primitive Methodist chapel. The Rector's trust account, a sum of £100 in Consols, which produces £2 18s. 4d. yearly, is for fuel for the poor of the parish. Salt Hill Park, the property of Mrs. A. F. Smith, is the residence of S. Eustace Forster esq. who is the principal landowner. Major Richard Byron D.S.O. is lord of the manor. The soil is, rich loam; subsoil, clay and gravel. The chief crops are wheat, barley and oats. The area is 1,294 acres of land, 5 of water and 32 of foreshore; assessable value, £5,766; the population in 1911 was 506 in the civil and 338 in the ecclesiastical parish.

In 1896, those portions of St. Bartholomew and St. Peter the Great parishes, outside Chichester municipal borough, were added to New Fishbourne. Parish Clerk, Charles Gardner.

Post, M. O. & T. Office.- Levi Nutbeem, sub-postmaster. Letters through Chichester arrive at 6.35 a.m. & 2.40 p.m.; dispatched at 1.35, & 7.40 P.M.; sunday, arrive 6.35 a.m. & dispatched at 11.20 p.m.

The children attend the school at Old Fishbourne

PRIVATE RESIDENTS.
Bingham Mrs. Kensington cottage
Braund Lewis, The Chestnuts
Challen CharIes, Ranceby
Clements Major John, Willow Cote
Culverhouse Miss, Sunnyside
Deeks Walter, South view
Evershed Arthur M.R.C.P.Lond. Eversfield
Farne Charles Henry, Fishbourne Ho
Forster S. Eustace, Salt Hill Park
Gadd George A. The Bays
Huxtable Rev. Edgar B.A. (rector), The Rectory
Jeffrey Harry
Mills Charles, The Gables
Newland Miss, Miramar
Petrie John, The Coverts
Pulleybank Mrs. Florence villa
Scott Mrs. The Manor
Shotter John, The Elms
Smurthwaite John Herbert, Weston Ho
Tisdall John, Acacia lodge
Waring John A. Fishbourne cottage

COMMERCIAL.
Allen Wm. Alexander, boot maker
Bailey (Miss), laundress
Chichester Drainage Outfall Works (E. Amplett, manager)
Coles Eli, dairyman
Farne Chas. Hy. miller (water & steam)
Frier John, Bull's Head P.H.
Hewett Sarah Jane (Mrs.), dairy
Knight Edward, Woolpack inn
Lintott Charles Richard, nurseryman & seedsman
Nutbeem Levi, baker, grocer, & post off
Powell William, carpenter
Robson William Henry, motor engineer, The Croft
Searson Alfred Sidney, insur. agent
Shepherd James, miller (water)
Strong Louie (Mrs.), laundress
Wakeford Ebenezer, nurseryman
Woodland Ernest Charles, jobbing gardener, Holmwood Cottage