From Kelly's Post Office Directory 1907 (pp. 354 & 355)

NEW FISHBOURNE is a village and parish, at the head of the eastern branch of Chichester harbour, on the road from Chichester to Portsmouth, one mile west from Chichester, and has a halt on the motor rail service between Portsmouth and Chichester; it is in the South Western division of the county, Box and Stockbridge hundred, Chichester rape, petty session division and county court district, Westhampnett union, rural deanery of Boxgrove (third division) and archdeaconry and diocese of Chichester. The church of SS. Peter and Mary is of stone, in the Early English style, and has a belfry containing two bells; there are 200 sittings. The register dates from the year 1589. The living is a rectory, net income £107, with 2 acres of glebe and residence, in the gift of the Lord Chancellor, and held since 1875 by the Rev. Robert Baker M.A. of Corpus Christi College, Cambridge. Here is a Primitive Methodist chapel. The Rector's trust account, a sum of £100 in Console, which produces £3 10s. 2d. yearly, is for fuel for the poor of the parish. Salt Hill Park, the property of Mrs. A. F. Smith, is the residence of S. Eustace Forster esq. who is the principal landowner. Major Richard Byron D.S.O. of 12 Prince of Wales terrace, London W. is lord of the manor. The soil is rich loam; subsoil, clay and gravel. The chief crops are wheat, barley and oats. The area is 1,227 acres of land, 35 of water and 32 of foreshore; assessable value, £5,975; the population in 1901 was 603. In 1896, those portions of St. Bartholomew and St. Peter the Great parishes outside Chichester municipal borough, were added to New Fishbourne.

Parish Clerk, George Powell.