From Kelly's Post Office Directory of Sussex, 1866 (pp. 2025)

NEW FISHBOURNE is a village and parish, a mile and a half west from Chichester, in the Western division of the county, Box and Stockbridge Hundred, Chichester rape, county court district, archdeaconry and rural deanery, and West Hampnett Union. The road from Chichester to Portsmouth, and the South Coast Railway pass through the parish. The living is a rectory, value £189 per annum, in the gift of the Lord Chancellor and held by the Rev. Matthew Parrington, M.A., of Christ´s College Cambridge.
The principal landowners are Francis Smith, Esq. of Salt Hill Park, and the Rev. Sir Thomas Miller, Bart. The area is 610 acres, and the population in 1861 was 341
Old Park is a mile and a half south-west.

Parish Clerk - George Ayling.
Letters received through Chichester, which is the nearest money order office.

RESIDENTS
Dowell Mrs.
Farndell Henry Esq.
Freeland Miss.
Hackfield William Esq.
Howard Mr. William Nelson
Halsted Mr. William
Mills Mr. Stephen John
Saunders Richard C. R.N.
Shepherd Mr James
Smith Francis Esq., J.P., Salt Hill Park
Turner Mr. Caleb
Williams Rev. Benjamin Byron

COMMERCIAL
Ayling George, shoemaker
Ayling Henry, gardener
Boyce Henry, carpenter
Brian John, shopkeeper
Fever Henry, miller
Gale Francis, market gardener
Knight William, Bull's Head
Long Robin, taylor
Matthews William, baker
Peachey George, jobber
Peachey Richard, farmer, Church Farm
Penfold Richard, grazier
Quintin George, grazier
Randall Francis, collector of taxes
Robbins William, carpenter
Shepherd James, Jun., millwright & miller