From Kelly's Post Office Directory of Sussex, 1845 (pp. 662)

FISHBOURNE, or New Fishbourne, is a small parish in Box Hundred, West Hampnett Union, in the neighbourhood and Rape of Chichester. It is surrounded on the south by Appledram, on the west by Bosham, and on the north and east by St. Bartholomew and the subdeanery. The turnpike road from Chichester to Portsmouth passes through the village, which consists of a long street, in a flat but not uninteresting country. Its distance from Chichester is about one mile. It comprises about 610 acres of very fertile soil, of which Zadik Levin, Esq., of Salt Hill Park, is the principal holder. The benefice is a rectory, valued at £189 per annum, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Dean of Chichester, and in the patronage of the Crown. The present incumbent is the Rev. William Turner. The population in 1841 was 295. In 1842 the Income Tax assessment was £2.299.

Dowell George, esq. R.N.
Gadd George, esq.
Hipkin Edward, esq.
Howard William, esq.
Johnson, Miss E.
Levin Zadik, esq. Salt Hill park
Lomer Mrs. S.
Parson George
Read Thomas, Commander R.N.
Smith Francis, Salt hill rock
Smith Nathan
Turner Rev. William

TRADERS
Eastland George, 'Bull's Head'
Freeland Joseph, farmer
Matthews William Richard, baker
Payne George, gardener & seedsman
Robbins William, shopkeeper
Shepherd James, miller
Smith Francis, farmer, Salt hill
Sowter William, shopkeeper
Stubington Edward, miller

Letters are received through the Chichester office