From Kelly's Post Office Directory of Essex, Herts, Middlesex, Kent, Surrey and Sussex, 1867
MIDDLETON is a parish, 3 miles south from Yapton station, 74 from London, 3 east from Bognor, in the Western division of the county, Avisford hundred, county court district, rape and rural deanery of Arundel, West Hampnett union, diocese and archdeaconry of Chichester. The old church has been entirely swallowed up, and a new church was erected by subscription in 1849. The living is a rectory yearly value £180, in the gift of George Hartwell Roe, Esq., and held by the Rev. Alfred Conder, M.A., of Queen's College, Cambridge. This parish has suffered much from the encroachments of the sea; 362 acres remain, chiefly arable land. It contained a population of 89 in 1861.
Letters through Bognor. The nearest money order offices are at Bognor & Littlehampton
Whieldon Harry, esq. Middleton house